A seasonal recipe: nut and coffee cake
Autumn has definitely arrived and, to warm your hearts, we have decided to offer you a delicious sweet, seasonal recipe: nut and coffee cake.
PREPARATION TIME: 25 minutes
BAKING TIME: 45 minutes
2 egg yolks
2 egg whites
120 g honey (6 generous soup spoons)
120 g butter
200 g flour
200 g nut kernels
100 ml coffee (2 coffee cups) – we suggest Biocaffè Fairtrade
1 sachet of yeast
1 vanilla bean
1) First of all, prepare the coffee and preheat the oven to 180°C
2) Take half of the nut kernels and chop them finely. The other half will be chopped coarsely.
3) Put the butter and honey into a bowl and mix the ingredients until you obtain a smooth cream.
4) Continue to stir and gradually add, alternately, the coffee, the egg yolks, the finely chopped nuts, the flour, the yeast and vanilla. Stir until you get a uniform mixture.
5) In a separate bowl beat the egg whites until they are stiff and add them to the mixture, stirring gently from bottom to top.
6) Pour the mixture into a cake tin which you have previously lined with baking paper and garnish with the coarsely chopped nuts.
7) Bake at 180°C for around 45 minutes
Torrefazione Morandini’s tips:
If you serve this cake for breakfast, it will give you the energy you need to start your autumn days in the best possible way!
Discover all our coffee