New award in December 2019
New awards for Torrefazione Morandini, that ended 2019 with great pride and satisfaction: 2 gold medals at International Coffee Tasting Asia 2019 and an award for the sustainable packaging given by Conai through the Call for Prevention 2019.
International Coffee Tasting Asia 2019
Held in Tokyo on 10th and 11th December 2019, International Coffee Tasting Asia 2019 was attended by 289 products, judged by 30 professionals from Istituto Internazionale Assaggiatori Caffè (liac) following the sensorial method (completely blind).
Miscela Oro and Miscela Maxima 1000 grams coffee beans won the golden medal in the category “Espresso Italiano” (Cat. E.), taking the coffee roastery to get its 14th Golden medal since 2006 and to become one of the most awarded coffee shops in Italy.
THE WINNER BLENDS:
Miscela Maxima 1000g coffee beans is produced form the selection of the most valuable Arabica coffee from Central and South America. A coffee that gained, always in the “Espresso Italiano” category, its fifth golden medal, preceded by those of 2012 and 2018 at International Coffee Tasting and those of 2013 and 2015 at International Coffee Tasting Asia.
The historical Miscela Oro 1000g coffee beans is a prestigious blend, of which 90% is composed by the best Arabica coffee from Central and South America, while the remaining 10% is composed by excellent Robusta Indian coffee.
The golden medal gained at International Coffee Tasting Asia 2019 is the fourth award that must be added to those won in 2006, 2008 and 2017 at International Coffee Tasting, always in “Espresso Italiano” category.
Conai award for sustainable packaging – Call for prevention 2019
The Conai call for the environmental sustainability of packaging aimed to reward the most innovative packaging solutions placed on the market between 2017 and 2018.
The products of the associated companies that participated to the initiative were 245, of whom only 86 were awarded to their investment in prevention activities.
The award criteria, assessed through the toll “Eco Tool Conai” were the recycling, the saving of raw material, the facilitation of recycling activities, the use of recycled materials, the logistics optimization, the simplification of packaging system and the optimization of the production processes.
Torrefazione Morandini, that in recent years is investing in compostable products and packaging, gained this prize for having substituted the triple coupled with aluminium pods casing with that without aluminium.
The company has therefore eliminated the unsorted waste.
These national and international awards are a source of great pride for Torrefazione Morandini, that doesn’t want to stop and considers these prizes as growth opportunities to reach new goals in this current 2020.