Christmas recipe: giant doughnut coffee cake
Christmas is coming and if you’re preparing Christmas Eve dinner or Christmas Day lunch, Torrefazione Morandini has the right dessert for you: giant doughnut coffee cake.
With this quick, easy recipe, you will make your guests’ mouth water. A dessert you must have on your Christmas menu!
EASY PREPARATION: 1 hour
– 350 g of “00” flour
– 3 eggs
– 250 g of sugar
– 200 g of butter
– 3 cups of espresso coffee; we suggest you use our Miscela Caffè 1930
– half a cup of milk
– cinnamon (q.b.)
1) Put the eggs and the sugar in a bowl and beat them until you obtain a frothy mixture; add the coffee continuing to stear.
2) Add the butter and beat everything together.
3) Add the flour to the mixture one spoon at a time (better if sifted). In the meantime, melt the yeast in the milk and add it to the mixture.
4) If you like, add a hint of cinnamon and mix well so that the mixture is smooth with no lumps
5) Pour the mixture into a buttered, floured ring mould (of course you can also use a classic cake tin) and bake for 40 minuts at 180°C.
..Your giant doughnut coffee cake is ready!
Torrefazione Morandini’s tips:
– If you are coffee lovers, you can serve it with a coffee cream.
– If you prefer chocolate, you can melt a bar of chocolate in a bain-marie and pour it directly on the giant doughnut cake.