An easy and fast recipe: Espresso cookies
As every year, during this period, Torrefazione Morandini is going to reveal you a special recipe for Christmas; a little pastry that cannot miss during a relaxing moment with friends or family: espresso cookies!
These cookies, crumbly outside and soft inside, are the ideal snack for these holidays. They can be prepared with the help of your children or your family and they can be an opportunity to share a special moment with people you love.
All you need are your hands and a bowl to mix the ingredients. A rolling pin is not necessary.
Recipe for 30 cookies
EASY PREPARATION: 1 hour
– 400 g of “00” flour
– 2 eggs
– 150 g of sugar
– 150 g of butter
– 3 cups of espresso coffee; we suggest you use our Miscela Primo Aroma
– 16g of baking powder
– icing sugar (q.b.)
1)To prepare these soft biscuits, it is necessary, first of all, to soften the butter in a bain-marie and prepare the coffee.
Then put the butter in a bowl with the sugar and mix everything together.
2) When the mixture is creamy, add one whole egg and one yolk.
3) Always stirring, slowly add the lukewarm coffee, the sifted flour and at the end the baking powder.
4) To make the biscuits crumbly, cover it with cling film and leave to stand in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
5) After that, form some small balls, with the help of a spoon.
Before baking, sprinkle them with the sugar and icing sugar. Cookies will be sweeter.
6) Put the baking paper on the baking tray, and space out the little balls. Bake at 160° for 5 minutes.
7) Once the espresso cookies are ready, let them cool and sprinkle them with more icing sugar.
Torrefazione Morandini’s tips:
– Serve the espresso cookies with a cup of tea and a coffee cream.
– If you are a real gourmand, we suggest you to add to the mixture some chocolate chips: they will melt once the biscuits are baked.
Discover all our coffee